Setting goals in each aspect of your life to balance yourself
First off let me start by saying there are endless benefits to setting goals in your everyday life, no matter the size of the goal. It is basically a mentality thing, as you set a goal, you work extremely hard to achieve it and once you achieve it you feel ambitious and successful within yourself. I always say to others, set daily or weekly goals as these small goals lead to the success of life long goals, for example – saving a little extra money each week, drinking more water each day, exercising a little bit more each week or even by starting your day earlier and being productive.
Think about it
For those previous examples you are able to achieve larger goals:
- If you save a little extra money each week, you become better with your earnings which can lead to buying a new car, house or even booking holidays.
- Drinking more water each day as a result, you’re body becomes more energised, you’re complexion becomes clearer and can also benefit weight loss.
- Exercising a little bit more each week can lead to you enjoying fitness and making a big change in your entire life.
- Starting your day earlier and being more productive, over time can lead to you making time for what is most important and feel positive within. Also you are able to then sleep earlier and have a healthier lifestyle.
One thing I cannot emphasise on enough would be, please do not set yourself up for failure. Set achievable goals, the ones that you know you can do if you work hard enough by being able to start working on them from the day you set them.
Each specific aspect in your life
When you really think about it, your life is broken down to a few different categories. If you are able to separate these individually and work on each one of them day by day, month by month and year by year, you begin to understand how important it is to really focus on yourself more in depth and not only that but you begin to love each aspect as working on them has allowed you to feel content. Let me show you these different categories you can break your life down into…
|Career & Financial||Health|
|Education & Learning||Relationships|
|Sense of Purpose||Creativity & Inspiration|
Let’s set some goals!
I’ve come up with a bunch of goals / things to do which will allow you to focus on each of these aspects in your life in depth. There are 5 goals for each aspect.
This aspect of your life can then be broken down once again into mental health and physical health.
- Ensure you are eating as healthy as possible (no crazy diets) just that you are getting the right amount of protein, vitamins and water each day.
- Give your mind & body a chance to reset from the world. Click here
- Exercise a little each day or week, start out by going or a walk for 15-30 mins a day just to keep yourself moving.
- Ensure you are putting your efforts into what makes you happy mentally & physically. (for example- a hobby, sport, class or program).
- Sleep at least 6-8 hours a night, if you are currently sleeping bad think of ways to get better sleep and just start it. (drink tea before bed, wind down earlier, get off your phone or away from technology, read a book before bed or even meditate).
Career & Financial
This is an important aspect to think about, as most of your other aspects will very much so work around this. In this aspect there are more so a few questions to ask yourself to ensure you are doing what you need to be doing.
- Determine what you aspire to do in your life? (are you there now, if not what do you need to do to get there?)
- If you are already working, are you in the career you love and want to be doing? Does it make you happy?
- Is your career supporting your financial needs? If not, how are you able to work on earning more? (educating yourself for a different position, finding a new job, work somewhere else at the same time)
- Keep on saving weekly or how often your paycheck arrives, put away a little more each week or a sufficient amount to ensure you are actually seeing an increase in your savings account.
- Keep a diary on your career life & finances as you are able to refer back to this to avoid your mind becoming too over cluttered.
There are always room for improvement, or chances to educate yourself. Now in the 21st century the society is changing constantly and there is always something new to learn.
- If you have determined what you wish to do for your career, set a goal on which study path you need to take & plan your studies to ensure you succeed to the best of your ability.
- If you have a hobby which you are able to work more on which may include studying a small course I would suggest this, as it is a way to work your mind and set a goal to complete this. (photography course, make up course, hair dressing course).
- Volunteering programs, these are a great way to educate yourself on different societies in the world. (volunteering for the homeless, less fortunate, also a beautiful option is to volunteer on working with the disabled as they teach you a beautiful way to see life).
- Always work on personal development, by reading or writing each day as this is a great way to work your mind.
- Never stop looking for opportunities to grow & develop, you are full of never ending potential.
Whether it is your family, partner, friends or workplace related relationships it is important embrace each moment spent with those who make you happy and support you.
- Spend a little extra time with your parents / grandparents as they are full of wisdom, cherish these moments forever. (have a coffee date or movie night)
- Ensure you spend time with your social groups as they teach you a lot about your place in the world. You learn lessons. (each week go out with some friends, get out of your comfort zone and have some fun).
- Fall in love! Of course if you are already first of all congratulations and keep on going! Spend time doing little different things each week with your loved one and learn new things about each other.
- If your work life is revolved around building relationships, ensure you keep these professional. If you are required to meet with many different people maybe keep a diary to keep yourself a little more organised.
- Avoid any arguments with the ones you love. Spend time laughing and smiling, cherish every moment with your loved ones as these are memories for life.
Sense of Purpose
It is great finding your sense of purpose in the world. Basically finding what you are here to do and how to make the most of it…
- Reflect on your week, notice what you have done and made you feel most content (do those things more).
- Surround yourself with those who make you feel important.
- Ensure you are prioritizing your passions. This will ensure you are putting your all into your work, you will find it’s done with more emotion.
- If you must travel to find your place in the world or find what you need to be doing. Go for it now. Better late than never!
- Remind yourself each day that you are here for a reason. You are here to live a life full of experiences, memories and love.
Creativity & Inspiration
There is never a time in your life where you should feel uninspired, or have no creativity. Keep your imagination going (never lose your inner child).
- Literally, never lose your inner child. If you think of doing something just go for it. No matter how crazy it sounds. I bet if 5 year old you wanted to do something, you would not have thought twice about it.
- Read a different quote every day, these are my biggest inspiration.
- Be your own inspiration!!!!!!!!!! Set those goals, work for them and achieve them!
- Sit down each week, plan a list of creative or inspiring things you can do for the time ahead and research. (Go to watch a motivational speaker, spend each weekend in nature, draw or write more often).
- Do what you love to the fullest, be able to inspire others to get to where you are. (Whether it is health and your career, or relationship wise).
I find it important to work on each aspect of your life in depth and reach the goals you set. I really believe that if you are content and positive with each of these areas, you have really reached success. As success to me not about having all the money in the world and being rich and famous. It is about be happy with your life and achieving the goals (despite the size) you set during your life.
Keep setting goals, working hard and achieving them my blog fam. You are all incredible and can get anywhere you want in life.
Lots of love,